Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gmail - Would you like to get coffee tomorrow/after the hearing? - emilyholiday@gmail.com

Here's an email I got from Spencer Robertson today:

Spencer Robertson to me 10:32 AM
Hi Emily- I am going to be out in Red Hook for a good portion of the
morning tomorrow. Would you like to get some coffee? Until this morning I hadn't
spent much time on your blog (apparently I'm not alone), but reading it, you
seem to have formed, what I think is safe to say, a fairly low opinion of me. I
initially thought your objection to PAVE was surrounding the prospect of it's
co-location, but reading deeper it seems as though it has somehow gotten
personal. I think that's unfortunate given the very limited interactions we have
had. When and if we meet, I'd be more than happy to explain the difference
between a for-profit entity and a not for profit 501(c)(3) and answer any other
questions you might have. I'd enjoy the opportunity to sit with you and
listen to your concerns. Hopefully I can address them, but at the very least you
will have a better understanding of me and what we (PAVE) are trying to
accomplish, and vice versa. I look forward to meeting at some
point- All the best- Spencer

I'm not entirely happy with the tone of the communication (and by the way, I've worked for quite a few not-for-profit organizations in the past 25 years, and I'm a member of one now as well - so I'm completely familiar with the differences between for-profit and not-for-profit entities) - BUT, at least he's willing to open a dialogue about concerns over the school situation.

No comments: